Since I am overcome with guilt of not posting as frequent as I did for Sofia, I am going to take this time to write down some things I want to remember especially since this is my 1st Mother's Day with Holland on my hip.
- He's really starting to smile a lot which makes me fall in love with him each time (and actually take a break from my busy workload since I usually want to see if I can get him to do it again).
- He has an incredibly strong neck, stronger than I remember Sofia's being at this age (of course I personally think I have partial-amnesia as I don't remember as much as I did when I had Sofia)
- He's officially weaned as of last week because of my insane work schedule the past 20 days, and I knew it would be very hard for me to take the proper break to feed him while on-site, and not feel the pain of engorgement at the same time. A little earlier than I had hoped to wean him (I was hoping to nurse him for a full 3 months & I started to mix formula with breast milk at 9 weeks), but the good news is that he seems to be sleeping longer with the formula, so it's a win-win.
- I think he actually does know who I am as he let out a really bad cry the other day while a new person was holding him, and I immediately picked up and he stopped crying...those are the moments that hit me that I'm actually his mommy (be/c I didn't always feel this way with Sofia since she was such an easy going baby & would be easily calmed by anyone).
- I can't wait for him to start using some of Sofia's other toys, like the jumper be/c I think he's going to be an active boy.
- He likes to talk back when I talk to him...of course it's just gurgling noises, but I think we may have another talker (oh no!)
- He still sounds like a little pig (I call him my piglet) be/c he snorts when he sleeps and when he drinks from the bottle...Dr. tells me it's nothing to worry about but defn noticeable when someone asks me if he's sick or congested.
- We've once again been very fortunate that overall he's a very easy-going baby; I just personally think it's harder juggling two, working full-time & trying to manage the house at the same time...we're getting into our groove though.
Got to run...off to Mother's Day Brunch with the family.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
soo sweet. thanks for sharing and i hope you had a wonderful mother's day with your beautiful family.
Post a Comment