Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Update from Christine - Feb 9

Backlogged so I'm posting these now (sorry for messing up the RSS feed)

From Ms. Christine -
Holland's vocabulary is really expanding rapidly these days as well as his knowledge and expertise with language. I know he's been repeating words that he hears in his favorite books a lot (though I wasn't sure if he knew what he was saying at the time), but today, he kept trying to tell me a few words. I had a hard time understanding, but he was persistent in telling me and I was persistent in trying to figure it out until I finally guessed what he was trying to say and he'd say, "yeah." While he was using a bottle and cup to feed the gingerbread man in the baby high chair, he was trying to tell me "thirsty," and before we even started reading "Officer Buckle," he was trying to tell me "star." What was also interesting to me was that he would say "cry-ing," on the page where it says, "[some] laughed until they cri-ed." He knows that crying and cried are the same verb/word, and can conjugate a word in the past tense to the present participle!

I just had him sit on the potty before taking a nap, and he peed right away, but in light of yesterday's success on the adult toilet (he peed after just maybe 10 or 20 seconds of sitting) and the success he had on the adult toilet at Target, I am going to try more regularly on the adult toilet. It's where he'll go eventually and more generally. Plus, it makes the whole process simpler and cleaner. I've been talking to him about it, so we'll probably start on the adult toilet with more frequency starting today or tomorrow.

No comments: