From Ms. Christine -
Natalie informed me that Holland had a great day. He had a lot of outdoor play time and spent a lot of time playing with the sand, shovels and water wheels in the sand. He would use two shovels to dump sand in the top so that the wheel would turn. Holland has been very interested in books (he read a book about us all being the same, but all different, a book on shapes, and a book with animals). He was pointing out animals and naming them and enjoyed turning the pages. She also mentioned that he has been wanting to read books even on his own, which is great to see him independently interested in books. Today, one of the other children wanted the red ball that Holland was holding. Natalie tried to see if she would play with the yellow ball instead, but she really wanted the red ball and asked for it. Holland handed it over. Natalie says that he's been doing things like that from the beginning of his time in the classroom, but he is one of the few who will do this. It's exciting to see his awareness of others' needs/desires, but also his growing empathy and willingness to meet those needs. She said he's been stringing words together in longer phrases and had said, "I put him down." That's exciting to hear him use a pronoun! I'm also hearing him use 4-5 word phrases with more regularity like, "I can't reach it." They had tomatoes, cheese and crackers and Holland (like the other children), didn't care for the tomatoes, but ate a lot of cheese and crackers. When I picked him up, his pull-up was wet, but I took him to the bathroom anyways. He ended up having a good amount of pee anyways.
Thursday, March 3, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment