Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Puzzles

From Ms. Christine -

Yesterday was a busy day with the Bug Master guy, the cleaning ladies, and the grandparents arriving.  The kids were really interested in watching the cleaning ladies (and imitating them with their own tools), and Holland was really interested in watching the Bug guy work, but since we needed to give them space to work, we ended up doing some fairly calm, focused activities like puzzles (both Holland and Sofia were working hard for maybe 20 minutes on respectively developmentally appropriate puzzles) and helping me cook (Sofia pulled off the napa cabbage leaves and tore apart the enoki mushrooms). 

I organized all the kitchen related items (I might donate some of the duplicates) so that I could set out a manageable amount of things that the kids could use together.  Holland's been interested in using them.  We also had a fun time playing "peek-a-boo" with his big blanket from his crib.  Holland has been doing more signs - notably milk (opening and squeezing a hand closed, like milking a cow) and help (both hands patting your chest).  It sounded like he was trying to say "dog" (gah) and "Chloe" (coh) today while pointing at them.  We've been reading a book consistently before going down for nap (I now choose it to choose a short, but calm book), and it seems like that time helps him calm down a bit before going in his crib.

No comments: