Sunday, April 17, 2011

Update from Christine - April 7

Holland had a good time with Leela today, chasing each other around the yard. They sang the "freeze" song again where all the kids move until they say "freeze" and have to stop (not sure if I mentioned that last time) and all the kids loved it. Holland played with the lock box a lot again today and spent a lot of time putting the train tracks together. He did some painting with feathers and did a lot of cutting with the special scissors again today. Rosalinda says he is probably ready to move onto regular safety scissors. He had a lot of apples and cheese for snack. She mentioned that Holland had a pretty runny nose today and that the mucus was colored, but she was impressed with how Holland was able to blow his nose on his own. Holland apparently was proud of that too and he also proudly showed her his pull-up. However, he did have a wet diaper during his change. I took him to the bathroom after picking him up and he peed in the toilet (with a dry pull-up) before going home.

Today he seemed a little off - a little testy with things he's not usually testy about. He wasn't trying *really* hard to rebel, but he was pushing boundaries by complaining/protesting weakly. While walking to the car, when we got to the curb, he stopped, stood there for a while, and then took one step into the street without holding my hand. He hasn't done that for many months and is often asking for my hand these days when it comes to streets and parking lots. I stopped him immediately and he cried and sat on the ground. He meagerly pushed his water bottle (by the way, it was leaking... the stopper seems to be gone from the top) on the ground, and started walking away, although not running, back to lab school. After his little mini fit, I talked to him about why it was important to hold hands and he held hands with me all the way back to the car, commenting on the bikes and cars and buses (that I had warned him about) on the way.

He fell asleep a little later than usual in the car, and I had him wake up to walk in the house and to bed (which is our usual routine). He took off his shoes/socks and put them away and he brought over his thermometer. I took his temperature since he was a little warm, but not as warm as yesterday, and he registered 99.2. By the time we got to bed, it was a bit after 1:00 and he mildly protested. I told him he needed to have a nap because his body was tired and his body needed the sleep to get better from his cough. After refusing to climb into bed, I gave him the option of tucking himself in or letting me tuck him in. He climbed into bed and let me tuck him in.

No comments: