Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Potty Training Success!

By Ms. Christine -

I changed him to a pull-up when he woke up and he had some lunch.  He ate well and when he was finished, we went for a potty sit.  Holland actually made pee *and* poop!  I was so excited!!  He definitely knows when it comes out and gets up when he's done.  (I think he actually made poop first and then waited a little longer for pee.)  He seemed excited too and proud of his accomplishment.  We poured it into the toilet and flushed together.

He was so happy and excited playing afterwards.  He climbed onto Sofia's bed and had a lot of energy.  He was dancing and jumping, and doing the jump/sit thing.  He started playing with the flying cow, touching very gently, and then flopping down to sit/dancing/jumping.  It was great to see him display such control over himself - being able to be very active and then pull it all together to gently touch the cow and go back and forth like that.  We read a couple books over and over again (That's Not My Puppy and Goodnight Moon) and he came back over to the dining room table to draw.  I had given him extra time since he had peed and poo'ed, and I checked periodically, but I missed it and he peed in his pull-up.  He went and lay down on his bed for about 15 min. just now, but since he just came back out I guess he wasn't quite tired enough to sleep again.

No comments: