From Ms. Christine -
Holland was sad when Cindy left this morning, but he was okay very soon after. He played on some of the structures like the firetruck, but she said it was a little cold outside today so a lot of the kids chose to sit on the blanket and read books for a while. Holland really enjoys the songs, chants and fingerplays. They did "Five Little Monkeys" today. He really liked the pita and hummus today and would dip his pita into the hummus (which is nice since I often see kids eating dips all by themselves). I've been thinking about making hummus with the kids (I bought garbonzo beans a while back to do so), so it's good to know that he likes it. We've got a big bottle of tahini at home that I can bring for that.
He did a little work with multi-colored crayons and though Rosalinda said he seemed interested in the change of color as he drew, but the artwork I've seen doesn't seem to have any continuous lines - he's been more into making dots right now. Maybe he was bewildered by the change of color each time he used the same crayon. He played with the play dough today and though there aren't any chairs around the table, he found one from another area and brought it over to work, perhaps liking to work sitting more than standing. He enjoyed using the cutters (maybe pizza cutter type tools?) a lot, and he also used to rollers a bit too. He has been using the duplos today and was interested in using the people and cars with the pieces.
I forgot to tell you from Tuesday that Natalie mentioned his interest in the recycling trucks they have. They trucks for different materials and have different materials (e.g., paper, plastic) that the children can sort with. Rosalinda echoed back how he was interested in sorting the materials into the trucks. Rosalinda also mentioned how he's been interested in making music today. He found a spoon and a metal bowl outside and banged them together, and also found similar items inside and banged them together. She said they've been working with him also to make the distinction between hitting things (inappropriate) and making music (appropriate).
Thursday, November 4, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment