From Ms. Christine -
This morning, Holland was pretty happy. He kept playing peek-a-boo with me while I was washing dishes by going between the swinging door to the kitchen and the laundry room sliding door, waiting, then coming out and laughing at me. I got out the pounding bench from the ottoman later. He seemed to be most interested in balancing them so that they would stand up in a row. He'd stand one up, smile, then take one down and walk around the room, just to come back again and balance it again on what I think is a kid laptop (though I can't figure out how to open it). Do you have any more smooth blocks that he can stand up, stack and build with?
Holland also worked for over half an hour on the animal hospital locks. He was really persistent. He seems to get the matching of the colors (lock to key) for the most part, though he will still try another key on occasion. It's that space thing again, I think - he's trying to figure out how things fit together. He wasn't quite getting the turning of the key though. He could get the red key in repeatedly when the lock lay horizontal, but when I turned it to unlock the door, he couldn't get the key back in. He kept trying it horizontal, not vertical, finally getting frustrated and stopping. He seemed pretty tired anyways and went right to sleep. Holland was definitely showing his awareness of the importance of orientation though; he just wasn't getting that it needed to match the orientation of the lock yet.
Thursday, July 22, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment