Monday, July 26, 2010

Recap from Ms. Christine

Holland was all about how things worked today.  I had unbuckled him from the Bob jogger once I knew I couldn't push him in a stroller *and* get Hudson to come back in (which I found I couldn't do no matter what), and Holland just got so engrossed in trying to figure out the buckles for his straps.  He kept putting the big buckle into the top opening for the two small buckles.  We were playing in the living room when Hudson came back, and Holland started throwing the remotes, looking at me with a smile, right before he threw one.  He seems to know that there's a reaction when he throws remotes, so after I talked about how we needed to be gentle with remotes, I showed him what he *could* throw - his soft stuffed animals, which he had a lot of joy doing.  We went out to the deck for a bit, and brought over the bubble bottles.  I started blowing bubbles from the frozen yogurt one and he got the small pink one.  He completely ignored my bubbles, instead focusing all his attention on screwing the lid on and off.  I dumped a bag of dry beans into the red tub in the kitchen and gave him a couple long spoons to play with them with while I made some tacos for lunch.  He didn't cry or beg for food while I was cooking - he just happily stirred and scooped and picked up the beans.  Holland is climbing up all the steps on his own pretty easily, and is beginning to be able to climb into my car too.  The buckles for the car seat again consumed his attention.

No comments: