From Ms. Christine -
Rosalinda said Holland's separation was better today - he cried for about 10 minutes before starting to play with the cars and lawnmowers outside. Last time, they also said he cried for 10 minutes, but maybe this time his cry wasn't as intense or maybe instead of a little more than 10 minutes, it was a little less. They had gas pumps with the cars, which Holland was also pretty interested in. Inside, he pretended to call mommy on the telephone. He played with the pop-up toy for a long time again, and he spent about 15 minutes with a shape sorter. Holland also spent some time stacking what I think she called "flower pots" but I couldn't be sure. He didn't have any cucumbers, but he ate a lot of rice cake. Statistics say that children may need to be offered a new food more than 10 times in order to try it, so hurray for the effort. They sang "Wheels on the Bus" and Holland seemed to like that and dance a little to it. Rosalinda also was sure to note to me that Holland said, "truck" today. All of that sounds very consistent with what I've seen him doing at home.
When I went in to get him, he looked super sleepy. The student assistant was holding him while Natalie held Thomas. He had remnants of tears on his face like he had been crying. Natalie said the last 20 minutes of class was tough for all the children. I'm also wondering if Holland was also feeling sleepy from still recovering from being under the weather.
Tuesday, September 14, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment