Monday, May 2, 2011

Old Updates from Ms. Christine

This is from April 18, 19 & 20 --

It was really nice to see Cindy bake brownies with the kids on Tuesday.  The kids are so excited to help and be involved in what you're doing and I thought it was really great that you were able to include them.  I know that some of my fond memories of time with my mom was baking with her and I'm sure Sofia and Holland value this time together with you too.  I also thought it was really nice that Scott was able to stop by soccer practice and watch, even though Sofia didn't end up playing while he was watching.  She was so proud to have her dad there and was seriously showing you off to her friends.

So, Monday, Holland took a nap early, in underwear.  He woke up dry and went to the potty without an accident!  He ate lunch and pee'd and poo'ed before we left to go to the consignment shop (I've been trying to consistently have him try to poop in the afternoon since I am with him every afternoon and can be cognizant to offer every day).  Liquid glue was on the dining table and he decided to squirt some out.  I guided him towards putting things on top to cover the glue and he seemed to enjoy that task for a little while.  It was a hot day that day and he ended up drinking a lot of water in the car ride, so I should have known to offer the toilet when we were at the shop, but I didn't, and he had an accident.  Oh well.  We just went home and changed (he peed on the potty when we got home too).  After getting home with Sofia it was really sweet to see them playing really well together with the Trio blocks.  Although Sofia was definitely leading the play, they seemed to work cooperatively to build.

Tuesday, Rosalinda reported a good day for Holland.  He played a lot with the big shovels in the sand and Rosalinda remarked about how funny he is, often being a jokester and making her laugh with the silly things he does.  He worked a lot with building blocks and the shape sorters, as usual, and also spent some time playing with the wood chips and lizards.  They used movement dice for small group where they have one die to tell what action and another die to tell how many times to do it.  The activity was short-lived, but Rosalinda said that's often the case with a new activity.  He had a dry diaper and peed a little in the potty at that time.  5-10 minutes later, he came back, urgently saying, "pee" and he peed a lot in the potty with just a little in his diaper.  He wanted to visit the bathroom when we left, but had nothing.  He slept until we got Sofia and was dry until we got back, peeing and pooping in the toilet in the afternoon.

On Wednesday, Holland was in a dry diaper when I came and when I told him it was time to go to the potty after Scott left, he peed in his diaper, with nothing left for the toilet.  We changed to underwear and I thought we could play a little, pack a snack and head out to the farm stand around 9:30.  Instead, Holland became super engrossed in playing - first with the "My Little Ponies," but mainly afterwards with the Trio blocks.  He played with the Trio blocks for close to an hour, taking pieces apart and putting them together to make "airplanes."  The structures looked very different, but he labeled them all "airplanes."  He clearly has an interest in planes.  I also wonder if it was the mobile nature of the blocks (they stuck together, even when picking them up off the ground), that made them perfect as airplanes.  I had him wrap up and pee before we finally headed out to the farm stand.

No comments: