Monday, May 2, 2011

Update from Ms. Christine (April 21 2011)

From Ms. Christine - 

REMINDER THERE ARE ASSOCIATED PICS

When we got to the farm stand, Holland helped me pick out some squash (yellow and zucchini) and we did a little color sorting/categorization.  I've been having him pay the lady for vegetables and get change back for me.  I brought some yogurt with blueberries and granola for snack on the grassy area and he was so careful eating it, telling me "no drips!" the whole time.  I also don't think I see Holland quite as intent on scraping a bowl as clean as when he eats yogurt : )

Rosalinda said that Holland was the first one to use the playscape on Thursday, whereas he usually lets others start before he is ready to play.  She continues to tell me how affectionate he is, giving hugs generously.  During small group, they sang "Copy Cat" and he is one of the few who will do his own movement instead of copying what everyone else has done.  He built a train with legos and used the blocks a lot.  He really likes to use the porcupine that they have with it.  He is really liking the wood chips and the lizards (she thinks he really likes the shape of them).  Holland is very interested in the gluing they have recently begun working with, and on Thursday they used glue sticks instead of the paste.  He seems to understand the twisting to make the glue stick go up and down.  Holland has also been using the piano that they've had out recently.  Holland asked to use the potty twice, and peed twice.  The second time, he told them "poop," but just made pee in the toilet.  I didn't take him to the bathroom when I picked him up since I figured he didn't have any more to let out.

In the afternoon, Holland and Sofia both painted for almost an hour.  We continued with the paper that they had used last time.  This time, Holland was offered blue, orange, and white.  It was interesting to me that he didn't really paint with the orange this time, but seemed more interested in what the blue and white looked like when painted over the orange.  Sofia was interested in painting faces and hearts and then started to use her finger to make "dots" on the paper.  She then got interested in mixing colors and created different shades of purple with varying degrees of pink, blue and white.  

No comments: